Chatbox for Singapore Football

Chat anything regarding Singapore Football here. Warning: Any user who posts offensive or irrelevant comments will be banned from this chatbox. No spamming, vulgarities and advertising on this chatbox is allowed. For any feedback or enquiries about this blogsite, please contact me thru email singaporeleague@live.com Any questions about this blogsite HERE will not be entertain.

We have move to here!

We have move to here!
WE HAVE MOVE TO HERE! CLICK ON THE LINK. :D

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bulls give Amri wings Injured Lions' forward is smiling again after Gombak take a chance on him

Source

 
 
 
SINGAPORE - Bogged down by a recently-torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee and haunted by the possibility that he would be without a club once his contract with Indonesian outfit Persiba Balikpapan ended in August, Khairul Amri cut a glum figure at the wedding celebration of Lions' team-mate Isa Halim in June.

But yesterday at the Singapore Sports Council for his regular physiotherapy session, Khairul's smile could not have been broader.

On Tuesday, the speedy forward put pen to paper on a four-month contract with S-League side Gombak United.

Speaking to Today, he said: "I'm thankful that at least my contract worries are settled and I can concentrate on my recovery process.

"I'm two weeks away from light jogging, four to six weeks away from gym and fitness training, and my target is taking the (mandatory S-League) Beep Test in January."

Amri's deal with Gombak will see him earn an allowance while he rehabilitates and the Bulls will have first option to sign him for the 2012 season.

"We don't want an unhappy player on our books, so we will speak with him again at the start of next year when he has recovered, to see if we can come to terms on a contract extension," said Gombak chairman John Yap, who previously also signed Lions Ismail Yunos and Fazrul Nawaz when they were both out of contract and recovering from long-term injuries.

Amri is grateful and plans to repay the club on the pitch next year.

"A few other clubs were not sure if they wanted to take me, but Gombak didn't hesitate. In fact, they showed confidence in me," said the 26-year-old.

"I don't want to disappoint them. I want to be where I'm wanted, and have more playing time. I hope to negotiate a good contract with Gombak, play well for them, and get back into the national team."

Amri was in the stands at the Jalan Besar Stadium when his Singapore team-mates fell 2-0 to Iraq in their World Cup qualifier on Tuesday.

"I was dying to play. If I was fit I think I would've got a run out in the second half to try and do something," he said. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment